Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tough Day!

Caroline had a rough day yesterday. About 10:00am, I got a call from the daycare and they said that she had a boo boo. Of course, as a mom I freak out! They go on to tell me that she was climbing the rocking chair and slipped and fell and hit her eye on the bottom part of the chair. They iced it and doctored it right away. It didn't look as bad as I had thought but it still breaks your heart for your child to get hurt and you not be there to comfort her.


I left work around 3:00 to go and get her to take her to the dr because I had a feeling that she might have another ear infection (she's been tugging at her ears and she started running a fever that morning). And much to my gut instinct she had a double ear infection. Since this is her 5th ear infection, they referred me to an ENT specialist for tubes. I've got to call them on Monday and schedule an appointment. In the meantime, Caroline is on a new antibiotic to get rid of the infection.

To end our day, my in-laws came over to watch Caroline for us while Blake and I went to the movies. It was the first time we have gone to the movies since we got married. We went to see Blind Side and it was Awesome! The best part of this is I had 2 free tickets so we didn't have to spend a dime!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for a "free" date night. We loved Blind Side too. Boo for another ear infection, but good to hear you got an ENT referral. Hope she's better soon.

    Lindsey Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..it doesn't get much better than a "free" date night! I'm sooo glad we finally got the ENT referral. I'm hoping they can get us in soon! Hope your kiddos are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little sweet girl! Feel better. Hayes will kiss it all better.

    ReplyDelete