Monday, December 14, 2009

Starting to recover!

So, I think I can safely say that our family is starting to recover after one of the worst weekends yet of being sick. To sum it all up I had to have a trip to the immediate care for an upper respiratory infection, Blake caught Caroline's stomach bug, and Caroline couldn't quite get over the stomach bug so we ended up taking her to Scottish Rite last night to make sure she wasn't getting dehydrated. I santized our house like crazy on Saturday so hopefully all of the germs will leave us alone for at least a week!

My work Holiday party was on Saturday (great timing for us!). I've been working hard at work to prepare for this party. My company throws a huge party and it's a fun night to get all dressed up and basically act like you are at prom again!!! There was a DJ, buffet, open bar, and some of the dr's put on a funny skit (this year was Michael Jackson...it was too funny!). Even though Blake and I weren't feeling so hot, we managed to go and be there for a few hours! I didn't take my camera with me so I don't have any pictures from the night but Blake and I did have a good time getting dressed up and out of our "sick" house for awhile! My mom was so kind as to offer to keep Caroline for us. Since our house had been infected with sickness, we thought it would be a nice change for Caroline to go and stay with my mom and dad at their house. She had a good time...even though her tummy was still a little upset. She LOVES getting spoiled by her grandparents! Blake and I didn't realize how much we would miss her. I still can't get over how attached you get and how much love you can have for such a small person! When we got home from the party it felt wierd not having Caroline at the house or having to listen to the baby monitor all night to make sure she's still breathing. She's been away from home one other time when Blake had his surgery but we sure did miss her! Here's some pictures I took of her before she left our house on Saturday. I had her all bundled up...it was so cold and windy!!!


BTW...my Christmas shopping is done so I'm ready to enjoy our holiday season! I need to start planning Caroline's 1st birthing in the next week or so. We are only about 6 weeks away from her being one. Where or where does the time go?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment