Monday, April 26, 2010

15 month checkup

I took Caroline to the dr today for her 15 month check-up. She was extremely cute with the dr. She smiled and waved to him and even blew him kisses. She did all of her little tricks and said all of her new words to him. Usually she's so shy with new people but she was full of herself today! Here's her stats...

Weight: 19 lbs 12 ounces = 8th percentile
Height: 29.75 inches = 29th percentile
Head: 18.75 = 91st percentile

Yes, you read that right...her weight is in the 8th percentile. She's such a little girl. She actually only gained 2 ounces from her 12 month visit. The dr said that is typical for them to level off on their weight between 1 and 2 years old. And she has a little belly and eats a lot so he isn't concerned that she's so little. Now, you might be asking why her head is so much bigger than her body b/c I know I asked! He said that her head looks even with her body and doesn't look huge like the stats say. We both agreed that the nurse that measured her head did it wrong b/c the number I saw was 17 3/4...which would sound more like the true measurement. She also had her weight originally as 18 lbs 2 oz and I just knew that wasn't right so I asked for her to re-weigh her. I'm not sure if she was new or just tired but she wasn't "on" today!

The dr gave Caroline a great report. She is growing and learning at the speed that she should. I did mention her allergy issues to him and he suggested starting her on either Claritin or Benedryl. So, we will try that this week and see how it goes!

Her next visit is at 18 months...she's growing up on us way to fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment