Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Letter to Caroline


When we dedicated Caroline last September, we were asked to do some homework and part of that was to write letters for her. At her dedication we read the lettes to her and it was such a special day for us. In celebration of Caroline turning one, I wanted to post these letters on the blog. These letters represent what Caroline means to us. She is SUCH a special little girl to us our our lives and hearts have been changed forever!

WARNING...this is going to be a long post! Don't say I didn't warn you:)

Mommy's letter...

Dear Caroline,

First off, I am so lucky to be your mommy. Before you were born, I loved feeling your little kicks inside of my belly and I remember all of the anxiety of waiting for the day that I could meet you. It took us months to prepare for your arrival with getting everything ready and perfect for the day that we could bring you home. The first time I laid my eyes on you, I knew we would have a special bond for eternity!
I have treasured all of the moments that God has allowed us the past 8 months to spend quality time together. I love watching you grow and seeing you learn new things as you explore the world around you. I look forward to all of your “first” experiences that you will have...such as first birthday, first night away from home, first day of school, etc. You hold such a special place in my heart and words cannot express how much love I have for you. Your dad and I are going to do our best in teaching you about God and how important he is. God is always by your side through the good times and bad…all you need to do is put your faith and trust in him. Please know that the sky is the limit and that you can do anything that you set your heart to.
Today we are dedicating you to God and thanking him for letting us be your parents. God created you and has great plans for your life. I pray that you will desire to have a growing relationship with God as you get older. You are such a beautiful and sweet little girl and I am so excited to see what is in store for you. Please know that the love that mommy and daddy have for you will never end and we will always be by your side.

I love you!
Love,
Mommy


Daddy's letter...

Dearest Caroline:

Today your mommy and I will be dedicating you to the church. This is such a special occasion because while your mommy and I love you very much, God your heavenly creator loves you so much more. He made you so very special.
As your father, I want you to know what a joy it was to see you for the very first time. I remember those big brown eyes just staring at me, piercing me right to the heart. I remember I couldn’t stop crying because I was so overjoyed to see you. As you grow older and older each day both your mommy and I will be right there for your every need. I will always be there to be a shoulder for you to cry on when you need it. It is so hard to fathom you getting older. It seems like just yesterday we were carrying you home from the hospital, but I know these days are coming and I long to see what a beautiful woman in Christ you will become.
I can’t wait to see you blossom. Just the times I spend with you on Thursdays, I see the joy and happiness shining from you every time you smile at your daddy. If you bring me this much joy now, I can only imagine what happiness you will bring to others in your life down the road.
Sweet Caroline, there is so much I want to tell you but I know this letter must be short. If I can leave you with a little fatherly advice it would be to follow your dreams and your desires. There is nothing you can’t do! You have been created so beautifully in the eyes of the Lord. He has sculpted you in his image and has given you a world to use your talents. Seek his wisdom daily, and do not lean on your own understanding. As I look at you sleeping in your tiny crib I see a little girl who is determined to love, destined to be great, and the apple of her daddy’s eye. I look at you and see your mother….a determined little girl who will stop at nothing to care for the one she loves.

I love you Always!
Love,
Daddy

And she even got this awesome Bible with her name on it. I hope that she will keep this bible forever as it represents the day we dedicated her life to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment