Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wednesday night

Wednesday night was a rough one in the Owen Household. I picked Caroline up from daycare, got home and was making dinner. While I was making the spagetti I noticed that it had italin sausage in it. I had accidently bought the wrong sauce. But I thought, oh well we'll eat it anyway.



As Caroline is eating I start noticing these red hives on her face. Then I looked down and they are on her hand and in between her fingers. She had the same breakout when she ate peanut butter about a month ago so I knew she was having an allergic reaction. Since she had spagetti all over her, I took her upstairs to get a bath. About 20 minutes after having a bath, the hives went away. So problem solved!!!

Then dad comes home and Caroline was showing him her elephant hat that she made at daycare. They were having fun together walking around acting like elephants.





Then the hat slipped over her head and all I heard was a huge bang and then screaming. Blake picked her up and she had blood all over her face. We immediately wiped it up and noticed that she had a huge cut on her eyebrow and that it would need stitches. So we both take turns holding pressure on Caroline's head while the other runs through the house like crazy trying to find shoes, keys, sippy cup, diapers, paci...you get my gist! We go to the ER and they confirm that yes she will need stitches. They put some numbing cream on it for 30 minutes and then took us back to do the stitches.

This is the part that I suck at. I HATE blood or anything to do with it. I get so nauseated and even wanted to puke when I first saw the cut. So, I immediately told Blake (who also hates needles) that he was going to have to be the strong one here and comfort Caroline. I stood in the back at her feet and didn't look the entire time. She screamed the entire time while Blake sang songs to her and comforted her. She ended up with 5 stitches. I'm hoping that it won't scare but the dr said that it more than likely will. She fell asleep on the way home and slept solid all night. She had had a rough night with her parents and was exhausted! This is how she fell asleep and how she woke up this morning.


She normally moves all over the bed but last night she stayed in one spot. She stayed home with daddy today to recover! We have to take her back on Monday to get the stitches out. It will just be me taking her so I hope I don't pass out! ha,ha


3 comments:

  1. oh man, what a night. Glad she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! Poor Baby! Bless you heart, Lacey - I don't do well with injuries either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you! and poor lil Caroline! I did this very same thing when I was her age -- fell against the corner of the coffee table and needed stitches above me eye.

    Hope she's all better soon!

    ReplyDelete