Friday, May 7, 2010

Kids Names!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I love reading Kelly's Korner blog and on Friday's she does a show me your life with a different topic each week. Well this week I thought I would participate! This week's topic is about your kids names and future kids names.

I've always loved picking out names since I was a litte girl. When I played with my baby dolls, I always had names picked out for them and would say that one day when I become a mommy then my daughter or son will be named this or that. When Blake and I found out we were pregnant, we started thinking about names and picked out a name for a boy and a girl.

Our boy name was going to be Connor Blake Owen. We both loved the name Connor and I really wanted to use Blake's name as a middle name if we had a boy. I've also loved the name Owen for a boy but when I married Blake that got thrown out since his last name is Owen!!

Our girl name started out as Caroline Grace Owen but ended up as Caroline Elizabeth Owen. I've always loved the name Caroline and I think I had like 3 dolls named that over the years so I knew without a doubt that her first name would be Caroline. (Blake also loved it too!) It was her middle name that we had a bit of a struggle on. I loved the middle name of Grace but it didn't really have any ties to our family names. I really wanted to name our children after our family so we came up with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my mom's middle name and Blake has a great aunt named Elizabeth so it was perfect!

Now for future kids names?!?! We really haven't even put that much thought into it since we aren't thinking about having more kids right now! ha. I couldn't even say if we would stick with our boy name if we ended up having a boy down the road. But I can throw out some names that we like and that could possibly become our future kids names:

Boy: Riley, Connor, Kayden, Cooper

Girl: Kate, Savannah, Alexis, Lexi, Emma


Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

  1. We're partial to "Caroline" too! It's Nora's middle name. :)

    The park is on Settingdown Rd in North Forsyth at Coal Mountain Park. Have you been there? Am I right that y'all live in Forsyth Co?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do live in Forsyth Co. I'll have to check out that park. It looks like it would be so much fun and I've been looking for one for awhile.

    ReplyDelete