Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I just want to thank my mom for ALL that she does for me and my family. Without her our family just wouldn't be the same! She has an amazing heart and I hope that I am half the wife/mother that she has been to all of us.


I would also like to thank Susan, Blake's mom, for all that she has done for us as well. There have been many nights when we called her to keep Caroline for us the next day and she is always there with a lending hand to help out.


And lastly, I am so grateful that God put this sweet beauiful daughter in my life. When I found out I was pregnant, I secretly wanted the baby to be a girl! I was thrilled when the sonographer said "It's a Girl"! I wanted to scream out loud I was so excited! (Actually, my mom pretty much did scream. She was so excited to and started calling everyone as soon as we found out! I had to ask her to be quiet since we were still in the dr's office! ha-gotta love those fun memories!) From the moment I felt Caroline move in my belly I knew I had a special love for this little girl! I'm so lucky to be her mom and had such a fun time celebrating Mother's Day with her.




Here's some other pictures from our fun day. We spent the day in Cleveland at my parents house. Mom fixed a yummy dinner (yet again!) with all of our favorites. Caroline LOVED the sweet potatoes and had them all over her!


My niece came over early to play with Caroline and those two played and played all day. Caroline even started saying "Ten-dall" by the end of the day! Kendall was so excited that she could say her name. I love watching the two of them play. Kendall is so gentle with Caroline and Caroline LOVES Kendall and just follows her around like a duck! Funny story: my mom and Kendall went to Wal-Mart while Caroline took a quick nap. Well my mom bought Kendall and Maddox these cool cups. She didn't get one for Caroline because neither one of us thought she could suck out of a straw since I haven't even tried that yet. Well, Caroline got so upset when Kendall was drinking out of her cool cup and she kept throwing her sippy cup down and begging for Maddox's cup. Since Maddox wasn't over to the house yet, my mom thought she would try and see if Caroline could sip out of it and low and behold she could. She figured it out right away! It was so funny. She was sooo proud of her cool cup and that she could be just like Kendall.

No comments:

Post a Comment