Monday, January 9, 2012

Growing up...

Party planning is in full force around here for a sweet little girl that is about to be 3 years old! How in the world has three years already passed us? I feel like Caroline should still be a baby and now she's 2 years away from going off to kindergarten. Oh my...everytime I pass the school that she will be going to, I want to just start crying. I can't imagine her in a big school all by herself. Oh how I just hope she slows down on this growing up stuff!

Last Friday, Caroline and I had the best girls day! We spent a good portion of the day getting things ready for her party! This is a "silly face" picture that I took with my phone before we left!


And here she is at lunch with our friends eating Chick-Fil-A....her absolute favorite!


And speaking of growing up...she officially has a big girl bed!! I've been on the hunt for a cheap bed for awhile now. She's technically in her crib still...it's just converted to a toddler bed. My sister-in-law told me about an antique furniture store in Gainesville that she shops at so last Friday I met my mom there to see if they had anything. I walked in and immediately saw this awesome bed and nightstand! I was even more thrilled to see that it was in my price range! We really had wanted a white bed though so the lady said she would paint it for me and even give it the distressed look. My mom is ordering a mattress so we should be all set to get her new big girl room set up in the next week or so! I'll post pictures once we have everything in place!


And to end my post today, I thought I would show you a picture of my silly girl from the other night when we were playing with her Mr. Potato Head!



Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Caroline! Lacey - It's doesn't feel like THREE YEARS ago we were sitting by one another at Northside's Birth Prep class! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your sweet girl on her birthday. We are living in Kennesaw, GA now - maybe we could get the girls together.

    ReplyDelete