
On Wednesday, Caroline was looking out our back door at our neighbors playing and sleding down our hill in the backyard. I was hesitant to take her out at first b/c it was SO cold and she already had a cold but the more she would just stand there and stare at them the more I thought I needed to be a "fun" mom!!! So we all got layered up and went out to join the fun. She had a BLAST sledding down our hill in our backyard. I'm so glad I let her go out there! She had so much fun that when we made her come in she was kicking and screaming. It's wasn't pleasant!

Blake and I returned to work on Thursday. It was nice getting out of the house and doing something productive! We go a little stir crazy sitting at home for days in a row! I've been busy lately planning Caroline's 2nd birthday party. We decided to have it at our clubhouse and to do a Minnie Mouse theme. It's funny because she was ALL about Disney and Micky Mouse and Minnie Mouse since she was about 1. Well about a month ago she's kind of dropped Disney and is now all about Sprout and Sesame Street. Oh well...it will still be fun! I hope that Caroline has a great party and that her friends enjoy the party too!

Yesterday, we met my parents in Dawsonville to go shopping at the outlet mall for Caroline's birthday. She had been asking for Grandma and Granddaddy all week long so she was thrilled to see them and it was nice to get out after being snowed in for much of the week. After shopping we decided to go out to eat for lunch at Longhorn's and then to Wal-Mart to look for toys for her. We had the best time! When we were in the toy section at Wal-Mart (which was huge by the way!) she would see something she liked and would scream with excitement. It was so funny. We don't take Caroline through the toy sections at stores hardly at all because we just have so many toys already and honestly don't have much room in our tiny house. So, she had a blast spending a few minutes picking out some toys for her birthday! Blake and I are giving her a My First Scooter! She Loves the neighbors scooter and tries so hard to keep up with them so now she has her own! It's so cute. We also bought her some baby stuff since she's so into babies right now. My mom and dad got her a ton of stuff...that's what grandparents do though!

We are looking forward to a fun week preparing for our little girl's birthday. I still can't believe she will be 2 in 7 days. It feels like yesterday we were leaving our house to go to the hospital to have her. My how the days fly by!
No comments:
Post a Comment