
There are some pretty exciting things going on in our house right now. Well...at least for us!!!

I got so busy with Christmas and the holidays that I totally forgot to post that Caroline is now paci FREE. That's right folks...she is now a big girl!! This was HUGE for her and us! It all happened two weeks ago on Friday night. I had picked her up from school that day and the teacher said that they were going to try to wean her from her paci at nap time because she really wasn't using it that much and now she's in a big girl room so they really wanted to encourage her to let it go. I looked around and noticed that she was about the only one with a paci so I made the decision right then that we were going cold turkey that night. We were going to do it the following week anyway so why wait! We got home did our normal routine and then it came to bed time. I told her that santa needed her pacis to give them to the babies for Christmas. And that she was such a big girl that he was going to bring her big girl toys in place of it. At first she bought it. Then I laid her down, turned the light off, walked away and the tornado started!!! She screamed and screamed for close to an hour and half before falling to sleep. We would go in a rock her, sing to her and remind her that santa needed her pacis but it took forever for her to fall asleep. Then the next day at nap time it took about 30 min to fall asleep. By Sunday, she wasn't even asking for it and was going to sleep right away! She's yet to ask for it and it's been two weeks! I'm so proud of her. Her paci was her best friend so this was a huge step for her.

The other big thing is the POTTY! I am NOT excited about this stage! But none-the-less she is so ready to go. She tells us when she needs to go..sometimes after she goes! She's so interested in the potty and the daycare is training her too so might as well take the plunge! We bought her a potty for Christmas and she loves it. It sings and cheers when she goes potty! Tonight was the first night that she actually went pee-pee in the potty! It was so funny b/c when it started singing she jumped up and finished peeing on my floor! I was laughing so hard. Once she realized it was music she started dancing. About 20 min she said she wanted to go potty again so we sat her on the potty and she went again!!! I think it's going to be really easy to train her. I'm not going at it fully yet but I'm sure I will soon!

I've been off all week and have been running around like crazy trying to find storage things to store all of these toys she got! I'm also trying to find a big girl bed and some new stuff to change her room up a bit. I just can't believe that in 3 short weeks she'll be 2. Where did my little baby go? We've also been planning a party for her. I ordered her invitations this week and the invitation that we went with had spots for 2 pictures to add to it. I thought I would take some cute pics of Caroline to put on there. Man...taking a pic of a toddler is insane!!! Maybe one day we'll be able to take decent pictures again!!! Here's the two that we went with. The others on this post are our outtakes.


Sorry if this post was long and/or boring! I wanted to be sure to record these memories since I'm using this as a scrapbook of C's life!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
I can't believe our baby's are two! Doesn't seem like a million years ago that we were sitting in that Northside class! ha.
ReplyDeleteLittle miss Caroline is a perfect angel in these pictures. She IS getting so grown up!Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!