
Blake and I love fresh veggies but unfortunately have no clue on how to grow our own veggies. Luckily, right now we don't have to! My granny keeps a garden all summer long so we are constantly getting fresh green beans, blue berries, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, and okra. We've literally have gone through 3 buckets of blue berries!!! Caroline loves them and so do we! We were blessed on Sunday night that my parents neighbor gave us some fresh tomatoes, okra, and green peppers from his garden.
So tonight, I decided to be a good wife and mother and fix a good southern meal. It's nights like this that I feel proud of myself! I'm a full time working mommy and it's hard to come home and fix a home cooked meal everyday so the days I can, I feel accomplished. Except for tonight, Caroline ate maybe 1/4 of her plate and then threw the rest on the floor (which has been typical for her lately) and Blake came home with a stomach bug.
Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the goodness!
Veggies from a home garden are the best! Emily loves blueberries too! I always put them in our Sunday pancakes, but I have to hide the package or she will eat them all before the pancakes are even done!
ReplyDelete