Monday, November 8, 2010

Family Update

A lot is about to change in our family and I'm SO excited about it. And NO I'm not pregnant...for those of you that the thought might have just ran through your mind!!! Here's the new things going on in our lives...

Mommy Update:
This change may not be anything that anyone (except for my family) cares about but it's big for us! I've decided to change jobs. This has been an answered prayer for me. Anyone who knows my situation knows that I was laid off after Caroline was born in 2009. I was unemployed for a little over 2 months before I found the job I'm at now. God worked out all of the details perfectly and I started my new job the day my severance ran out. I've been at this job for over a year but have been feeling God tugging at my heart that there is something else out there that I need to be doing. My commute is usually over an hour one way...I can easily spend 2 1/2-3 hours in the car a day. This has been wearing on me b/c it takes time out of my day that I could be spending with Caroline or with Blake.

So, Blake and I have done a LOT of consistant praying and asking God for his will for our lives. Well, last Friday God answered our prayer. I got offered a job that is 15 minutes away from home; I'll be home by 4:30 everyday (this will give me 2 extra hours with Caroline that I recently haven't had); more pay to make our financial situation more comfortable; and a better career growth job. I couldn't have asked for more! God is SO good. The more I think about how all of this played out the more I see God's hands on all of the little details. I love that we serve a God that loves us and cares for us! We may not get exactly what we want when we want it but have faith that God will open doors in his timing. He does things that are best for you!

I can't wait to see what all is in store for our family in the future. Sometimes we have to go through hardships to get where we want to be. It's the hard times that make us stronger and who we are today! I can't wait to spend more time with Caroline. It breaks my heart to see her as the last kid in her class everyday. I just wonder if she ever feels like I'm never coming to get her when she sees all the other kids get picked up by their mommies. I'm so excited that she'll no longer be the last kid! It's the simple things in life that bring us the greatest pleasures!!!

Daddy Update:
Blake is working hard everyday and pulling in late hours. This is his busy season so we are preparing ourselves to not see him as much as we normally do. It's sad but the reward is nice! Caroline still gets to stay home with daddy on Thursday's. I think they both enjoy their time together! Blake and I also recently joined a small group at church. We decided that we needed to get back into a small group so that it will force us from our busy lives to focus on God...and to make amazing friendships with our group members!

Caroline Update:
Oh my...where do I start?? Caroline is such a mess these days but also has a very sweet side to her. She's getting closer to the terrible twos! We still are allowing her to have a paci at nap and bedtime but we hope to soon take it away. It's more us than her but we just haven't been ready to battle that fight yet. But I also know she can't have a paci forever so we'll start the battle soon! She's also getting ready to potty train. She'll tell me when she goes poop and she HATES being in a mess. So, I don't think it will be hard to potty train her but I'm waiting until she's fully ready before I start a full on potty training! She loves to give hugs and kisses. She says her prayers every night and will sing Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's too cute! Melts my heart. She says pretty much anything now...which means we have to watch what we say! Tonight, I was fussing at her for taking her shirt off at the dinner table and she kept doing it. So I said, Caroline I mean it...you need to stop. The rest of the night she kept saying...I mean it, I mean it, I mean it. It was too funny not to laugh!

So, that's a quick re-cap of our crazy busy lives. Hope I didn't bore you too bad!

1 comment: